The Virginia Floodplain Management Association (VFMA) and the Virginia Lakes and Watersheds Association (VLWA) partner to host the Virginia Water Conference every year in March. This annual conference is an opportunity to attend presentations, network with other professionals, and take the Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) Exam. Click here for more information on the Virginia Water Conference.
VFMA also hosts three Fall Workshops in September and October in different regions of Virginia. These workshops are a one-day event focusing on regional flood-related issues. Click here for more information on the Fall Workshops.
There are several training opportunities throughout Virginia, both in-person or web-based, related to current topics in floodplain management.
To find floodplain related trainings, check out the following websites:
- Virginia DCR’s Division of Dam Safety & Floodplain Management training calendar
- This calendar includes in-person trainings located in Virginia and several web-based trainings. When available, in-person trainings offered in neighboring states are also posted on this calendar.
- ASFPM’s training calendar
- This calendar includes trainings related to flooding, both in-person and web-based, from all over the country.
- FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute (EMI)