Are you a local floodplain administrator or emergency manager? The Virginia Silver Jackets need your help!
The Virginia Silver Jackets team recently identified the need for a complete resource on the programs available to communities during all stages of flood events because it can be difficult navigating all of the local, state, and federal programs available. They have created a Flood Risk Guide for Local Officials to simplify what programs are available, when they can be used, and how to get involved.
The Silver Jackets team is looking for local floodplain administrators and emergency managers to provide feedback on the draft guide. Any comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Specifically, the team is interested in the following:
- Do you think this guide would be useful? Would you use it? If not, why?
- What would make the guide more useful?
- We would love to hear recommendations you may have of additional opportunities to socialize the guide once it is final.
- We plan to distribute the guide digitally through email and make it available on a number of websites. We will make a few hard copies. The goal is to make the guide easy and inexpensive to update, as needed. We would like to socialize it through established networks and through presentations.
- Lastly, if you have any pictures you are willing to contribute regarding flooding, mitigation, response, etc., we would love to add them to the guide.
If you are interested in providing feedback on the draft guide, you may submit feedback using the comment form below.
If you have questions about the guide, if you’d rather mark up the document with comments, or if you have images you’d like to share, please feel free to email any of the following Silver Jackets members:
Michelle L. Hamor, CFM
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Norfolk District | Silver Jackets Co-Chair
Kristin Owen, AICP, CFM
Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation | Silver Jackets Co-Chair
Rachel Schwaab, E.I.T., ENV SP
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Norfolk District
Please submit feedback by August 17, 2018.