Are you ready to share your knowledge and lead the way in proactive floodplain management, resiliency, and dam safety? Submit an abstract for the 2022 VFMA Annual Conference and receive a reduced Regular Registration rate!
This year’s Annual Conference will be held in person! We are so excited to see everyone!
October 26 – 27, 2022
The Westin Richmond
6631 West Broad Street
Richmond, Virginia, 23230
The initial call for abstracts will be open through September 30th. We welcome all perspectives, and invite academic, applied, municipal, and regulatory work to be shared. Abstracts must be submitted through the VFMA Abstract Submission Form.
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Regulations, Mapping, Mitigation, Insurance, etc.
- Community Rating System (CRS)
- Grants and Funding
- Climate Change and Resiliency
- Flood Hazard Mitigation
- Floodplain Planning
- Natural Functions of Floodplains
- Floodplain Modeling and/or Mapping
- Riverine, Coastal and/or Urban Flooding Issues
- Outreach, Education, and Training
- Best Practices and Lessons Learned
Once an abstract has been submitted, you will receive a coupon code to receive the reduced registration rate (for regular registration only).
Abstract Submission Deadline: September 30, 2022
Acceptance Notification: No later than October 5, 2022
For more information on the 2022 Annual Conference, please visit the Annual Conference page.