Are you ready to share your knowledge and lead the way in proactive floodplain management, resiliency, and dam safety? Submit an abstract for the 2023 VFMA Annual Conference! Even if you don’t have a fully fleshed out abstract, feel free to submit a title or idea.
This year’s Annual Conference will be held in person! We are so excited to see everyone!
November 13-14, 2023
The Westin Richmond
6631 West Broad Street
Richmond, Virginia, 23230
The initial call for abstracts will be open through September 15th. We welcome all perspectives, and invite academic, applied, municipal, and regulatory work to be shared. Abstracts must be submitted through the VFMA Abstract Submission Form.
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Regulations, Mapping, Mitigation, Insurance, etc.
- Community Rating System (CRS)
- Grants and Funding
- Climate Change and Resiliency
- Flood Hazard Mitigation
- Floodplain Planning
- Natural Functions of Floodplains
- Floodplain Modeling and/or Mapping
- Riverine, Coastal and/or Urban Flooding Issues
- Outreach, Education, and Training
- Best Practices and Lessons Learned
Abstract Submission Deadline: September 30, 2023
Acceptance Notification: October 2023
For more information on the 2023 Annual Conference, please visit the Annual Conference page.