The VFMA Annual Conference will be held in person on October 26-27 in Richmond. Register for the conference today, and reserve your hotel room by October 11th to get the special conference rate!
October 26 – 27, 2022
The Westin Richmond
6631 West Broad Street
Richmond, Virginia, 23230
Conference registration is open!
Conference Registration Rates
- Student*: $100
- Government*: $195
- Regular: $325
- Regular w/ Abstract Submittal: $300
- One Day: $170
*Student and Government registrations require a valid ID.
VFMA is seeking floodplain professionals to present at the Annual VFMA Conference. The initial call for abstracts will be open through September 30th. We welcome all perspectives, and invite academic, applied, municipal, and regulatory work to be shared. Abstracts must be submitted through the VFMA Abstract Submission Form.
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Regulations, Mapping, Mitigation, Insurance, etc.
- Community Rating System (CRS)
- Grants and Funding
- Climate Change and Resiliency
- Flood Hazard Mitigation
- Floodplain Planning
- Natural Functions of Floodplains
- Floodplain Modeling and/or Mapping
- Riverine, Coastal and/or Urban Flooding Issues
- Outreach, Education, and Training
- Best Practices and Lessons Learned