Plan to Attend the Rural Resiliency Forum!
Presented by Resilient Virginia
October 23, 2018, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Frontier Culture Museum
1290 Richmond Ave.
Staunton, VA 24401
The Rural Resiliency Forum’s goal is to bring together public, private, and university stakeholders who are interested in improving the resiliency and prosperity of rural areas in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Anticipated outcomes of the forum include:
- Improved collaboration and program
- Immediate actions to implement resiliency activities in rural communities
- Policy recommendations at the state level.
This forum will focus on the interconnection of four broad resiliency areas:
- Resilient Agriculture and Forestry
- The Role of Green and Blue Infrastructure
- Hazard Mitigation and Disaster Preparedness
- Incorporating a Resiliency Approach to Planning
The forum’s interactive sessions give you the opportunity to:
- Learn about the benefits of resiliency plans for rural communities,
- Find out about existing state and federal resiliency-related programs and funding that your community can utilize immediately,
- Share information on what your farm, business, or local government is currently doing to help make your community more resilient,
- Provide your suggestions for how state, university, and private programs could be more helpful,
- Take away valuable resources, new ideas, and beneficial contacts.
Who should attend:
State and local elected officials, Planning district commission staff, Local government planning and economic development staff, Public and private groups working in environmental and sustainability areas, Regional and local emergency management representatives, Farm and forest owners and related business organizations, University students and professors working in resiliency-related areas.
To view the agenda and registration information for the agenda, please visit www.resilientvirginia.org